So my new Kindle Fire showed up yesterday. Its only an inch bigger than my previous one (I went from a 7″ to an 8″), but the screen is so much larger. It’ll be interesting to get used to. I thought about ordering it a case with a keyboard, but I decided to be smart and order a tough case, because I’m me. I have a tendency to drop and be hard on things.
This is the same book, same chapter. Just to demonstrate the difference in screen size and lay out. To me, it really seems bigger than and inch of difference. The new screen is wider so the paragraphs are shorter.
So I went to work last night. I was meant to do security at a wedding for four hours. An easy shift to get back into the working groove. When I show up, no party. Nothing is going on. I doubled checked that I had the correct address.
Yup. Address is correct. Double check my shift time. Yup. That’s correct too.
So where the hell is my party?
There aren’t even signs anyone was there. Until half an hour later when a pissed off neighbor comes and puts the weddings garbage at the doors of the center.
So I informed my supervisor on what was going on, looking for guidance. He said wait half an hour incase there were two wedding parties. 30 minutes came and went. The only people who showed up were for a meeting in the church next door, people walking their dogs, of the neighbors.
I stayed around for an hour and a half before the custodian told me that the party for the wedding didn’t go well and so everyone left early and that I was clear to go. I told him thank you, but I had to get the okay to go from my supervisor in this situation. Which I did.
I don’t know what happened for a wedding party to stop short by so many hours. But I hope whoever it was for a happy future together.
So the book that is in the picture above is called Lead Change. Its a young adult book series on horses. But I don’t care. Its a good series and fun quick reads. This one the main character suffered a bad fall in the previous book and now refuses to ride at all. She was riding someone’s horse at a show, the horse got caught up in the fence flipped over and broke her leg while sending the rider flying. She keeps having flashbacks of the accident. So guess what triggered my PTSD and started giving me nightmares all over again. That’s why I’m up at 330 in the morning.
Oh, my boyfriend finally found the weeping angel I hid a while ago. I got a fairly good reaction out of it. Now its my turn to look for the angel…
I’ve been trying to sleep, but it comes in fitful busts. I think the longest I’ve had is 45 minutes. I turned on Burn Notice and read and check my email. I finished Lead Change this morning. Just a quick, usually fun little read.
So 20 facts about me… Hrmm…
- I am the youngest of 3.
- I am closer to my brother than I am my sister. True, age is a factor, but its mostly due to having similar personalities
- I have dual citizenship.
- I have been riding since I was 4 years old.
- I have broken 6 fingers and 1 thumb throughout my life. I’m not even going to count how many times I’ve sprained my wrist or twisted my ankle.
- I have dislocated my right shoulder and had it popped back in a minuted later by a friend. Oh my god that hurt.
- I have 4 tattoos. I kind of went with the ‘go big or go home’ theory. And I want more. I want to start a sleeve. But I’m not sure that’s going to happen.
- I write with my right hand and draw with my left. I used to be very ambidextrous.
- I enjoy shooting guns. The Springfield X D has to be one of my favorite guns. I would love to get one of the subcompact models.
- I have been a tom boy for most of my life. As one of my friends said to me “Its great, you get the best of both worlds. You can roll around in the mud and shoot guns in the morning, and in the evening you can be dolled up in a dress, high heels and makeup.”
- The tallest set of heels I own are 6″. I don’t wear them often to say the least.
- My longest dating relationship was 7 years.
- I collect Breyer Horses. Much to the chagrin of my family and boyfriend. Some stay in the box, some come out. It all just depends. I’ve gotten very picky about which ones I get unless they are in a series, like the Christmas ones.
- I met Joe Montana at a horse show.
- I used to compete against Clint Eastwood‘s daughter on the “A” Horse show circuit.
- My little league coach was a pitcher for the Atlanta Braves in the 1980s.
- I still love watching Disney movies.
- I learned how to drive hauling my horse to and from lessons. And then I took my driving test in a sports car. I still passed on my first try.
- I would like to do a rainbow hair style once
- I used to have hair that went to the small of my back.
Back to normal life…
I started getting worried over Darkshore again. I know, its over a year away. The bid isn’t due until October. But I just want to get a head start on it to work everything out now. I asked 2 people about being involved, both of them were maybe’s. I’m worried one will end up saying no because of someone else who’s already agreed to work it. They don’t really get along.
So I started working on my decorating budget and seeing how much I can get for $500. I can actually get quite a lot and have money left over. This is a good sign. I can add to it if I want. Yay.
Here is the final #PoliceWeek story.