Horsey Tuesday

Hi everyone, and happy Tuesday.

I don’t know how this blog is going to go. I have the horses to talk about, as usual, but I’ve been off for the past couple of days, so I might try and talk  about them to get them out of my head.

So last night after my boyfriend got home we went out and got some Chinese for dinner again. We went to a resturant down the street from us. It was pretty good, but pricey. Then we went and got some ice cream. After we got home I spent the rest of the night watching the eventing phase of 3 day at the Olympics. My boyfriend got into watching it too, which was pretty cool. I had a really difficult time getting to sleep last night after everything, which sucked.

So this morning I woke up and went to go and take care of the horses. I started my day off with Diamond. We actually seemed to get along okay today, which was weird. I was very prepared and ready for another fight with him, which is how most of the previous rides have gone. I think that we are finally figuring each other out, which is a good thing. I didn’t push him a lot today as he got a lot of energy out on the lunge line before we started.

2016-08-09 09.44.51-1

After Diamond I worked with Sherman, it was meant to be Ella but her owners showed up and we weren’t sure what they were going to do with her, if anything. Sherman was a good boy, even if he was pretty dirty. He had something that had crusted into his coat right where the girth goes. So I had to curry comb him there to get all the matted hair loose and cleaned up. He was a little wild on the lunge line. And very talkative. I got multiple squeals out of him when I asked him to move forward or go into the canter. And he got some bucks and kicks out while on the line. He was amazing while I was on his back, he was responsive and he went into frame fairly well. So I can’t complain about him today.

2016-08-09 11.27.11

After I put Sherman away I got Ella out. Her owners didn’t do anything with her like we thought that they would. So I got her out and gave her a good lunge and and we had a nice short ride. She seemed to over bridle a few times, got behind the bit, so I had to push her forward from behind so she would carry herself forward. I forgot to take a photo of her today, sorry folks.

I also worked with Jack for a few short minutes. I moved him from his stall to the round pen for a turn out and so he could get out of his stall today. His owners didn’t have the time for him. So he hung out in the round pen while I worked with Ella, so he had a good 30 minute turn out of going wild and crazy. I didn’t actually see him go wild and crazy. He probably just rolled and walked around.

2016-08-09 11.32.30

Once I was done with Ella and Jack I moved onto Dude. He was pretty chill. He actually seemed a little more ouchy then he normally does, or at the very least he was stiffer. After about 10 minutes of walking he seemed to loosen up and walked better. We did a nice 20 minute walk total, and he was a good boy. Its hard to do anything suspicious at the walk. I still take that gait seriously. Injuries can happen still, to horse and rider.

2016-08-09 12.45.21

I don’t know why but today seemed to take a little longer than it usually would. I normally work for around 4 hours, today was 4 1/2 hours. Nothing was different, I didn’t have any more horses to work today. I’m not sure what happened, but it did. I only started 5 minutes later than I usually do.

On my way home  I saw that passed by my boyfriend having lunch, so I turned around and went and say hi to him. We hung out for a little while and then I left to come home to take a rest. And I have been resting… Mostly.

I got a few phone calls. One saying that my group class was canceled, so I didn’t have to go there tonight. One from my boss offering me a new shift from 2200-0400 down at a local beach to stop trespassers from coming on the property and doing damage. I’m not sure if I am going to take it considering that I am thinking of looking for a new job. Maybe getting a new shift isn’t the brightest idea right now. Or maybe it is. I don’t know.

I think that I am going to go to the Crossfit Yoga class tonight since group was canceled. It counts towards another day at the gym, so its a step in the right direction. I haven’t gone forever and it might feel good considering my shoulder has been hurting for most of the day. Do a lot of stretching and hopefully letting go of tension that has been building up in me.

I reached out to an old friend today, someone that I used to be super close to and I could trust. I need someone to talk to. Don’t get me wrong, my boyfriend is amazing. But sometimes I just need another sounding board. I have something serious I need to talk about and just wanted to talk to my friend. But texting him now is like pulling teeth. All I get is one word answers to my questions. So I guess talking to him is out of the question, which sucks. We used to be so close and able to talk about anything.

Okay, I guess that is it for today.

Just keep swimming!

giphy (40)

I’ve run out of animals swimming GIF’s… Plus this was I am supporting the Olympics… right?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s