Holiday (Week 3)

This is a long blog, so hold on.

We woke up before the sun on Monday morning to make our way to Los Angeles. It’s a 5 hour drive from where we live. Not too bad. Hopefully. We listened to Artemis on the way down. We got a really cool sunrise.

Just a wee bit foggy once we hit interstate 5

It took us about 5 hours to get to Universal Studios. Not too bad. No traffic until we hit LA. And even then it wasn’t horrible. We got to Universal Studios and took a selfie in front of the globe.

Then we made our way to Harry Potter world and got ourself house baseball caps.

We went and ate at the Three Broomsticks. Fiks had fish n chips. I had Shepard’s pie. I think his was better than mine. We both got butterbeer to drink, and man, it was good.

We busted out our wands…

And we’re on our way. We were walking around and came across the singing frogs. Can YOU sing like a hippogriff?

We went to the Hippogriff ride first. It wasn’t a super long roller coaster, but it was fun.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Then we went to the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey ride.

We walked past Mandrake roots.

The house tracker…

And by the entrance to Dumbledores office…

Then we went to Defense against the dark arts classroom…

And past the Griffindoor door…

The ride was fantastic. Definitely recommend. There were so many people walking around in wizards robes. So cool. I’m such a nerd. I think I’ll have bought a Harry Potter shirt by the end of the day. The question is which one. We went into Olivanders for a wand selection. It was cool to watch. I even tried on wizard robes, but I couldn’t afford them sadly. I would have blown my whole budget for the day on them. Oh well. But I did get a photo in them.

After that we went into some of the shops, bought some candy and then went to the animal show.

It was cute and funny. We saw 2 owls from Harry Potter. The dog from the proposal. And others, those are what I remember. We went to The Simpsons world next and went on the Krusty adventure. I think it used to be the old Back to the Future ride.

We then doubled back and I got a Harry Potter shirt. Meanwhile, Fiks did this.

He can’t be left alone unsupervised apparently. We then went to the Despicable Me ride, and I think it used to be the E.T. Ride. It was fun. You were ‘shrunk’ to be a minion and then the 3 daughters are on a mission to train you to be minions, and it goes horribly wrong. Of course.

We then went back to Harry Potter world and did more rides. For dinner we’re at Bubba Gump Shrimp. Fiks has never been before. The food was good, didn’t try to kill me.

Then we saw Voodoo Dounuts and stood in another line. Hopefully they are worth the 30 minute wait.

Oh yeah, you can also order a freaking COFFIN of donuts. For $140.

We left with our little pink box and were on our way to the hotel. We started the day with M*A*S*H (one of my favorite shows) and donuts. I had the glazed and Fiks had the maple bacon. They were both good.

We began our Disneyland adventure with a character breakfast at Goofys kitchen. So we met Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, and a wave from Minnie.

One time when we were both on our phones Chip came by and told us to put our phones away. It’s lunch and we still find it funny. We were on a quest to get just engaged pins. Didn’t find those, but got a few others.

We went to Pirates of the Caribbean first, only took 10 minutes to get on the ride. Fiks was hilarious and yelled “ramming speed!” right as we hit the boat in front of us.

We had fast passed for Indiana Jones ride, so we did that next. Then we went over to the teacups and got in the purple one. Legend has it that’s the fastest. And we spun and spun to our hearts content. I have fond memories of that ride with my poppa and uncle.

We then used our fast pass on the matterhorn.

We went on King Arthurs Carousel…

Fiks did not have a Happy horse…

We waddled around for a bit and went on Big Thunder railroad. Then we went for lunch at the River Bell Terrace. It was really good, and they even had an allergy menu which was nice. I ended up getting chicken. Fiks got a pork slider. And we got an happy engagement cupcake.

On our way to star tours we stopped by the tiki room.

On to Star Tours!

We were attacked by KyloRen and fled the base from him, helped the resistance and wound up on a calm planet. I don’t care what C3PO says, he was a good flyer. The plan was to go to space mountain but the ride was down and they didn’t know when it would be back online, so we took our fast pass and went to the Buzz Lightyear ride. I’ve never been on it before, wound up being a level 4 shooter. Not bad for a rookie.

On to California Disney! Went went on Soaring Around the World, formerly Soaring California. Then we made our way over to the new Guardians of the galaxy ride. Formerly the hotel elevator ride. I hate drop rides, but I went on it anyway.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

After that ride where I had a death grip on Fiks pants, and got some adrenaline going, we worked our way over to paradise pier for the World of Color desert party. Oh my god, so good. Highly recommend it. The food was amazing. They even had an allergy free dish.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The show was amazing…

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Our Wednesday started off rough. Fiks woke up with a cold, we missed our shuttle to Disneyland, and the Lyft driver we had got lost and dropped us off in the wrong end of Disneyland. To top it off Fiks lost his coffee mug I got him for Christmas. But for breakfast we had begniets. So good. Powdered sugar everywhere!

We walked through Downtown Disney and I almost bought this dress.

Its from the haunted mansion ballroom scene. We started the day in California Adventure and the Radiator Springs ride. It was fun. I almost lost my hat.

After that we went to the Toy Story Mania ride. It’s like the Buzz Lightyear ride, just in 3D. Fiks got the higher score, but I was more accurate. We saw Wall-E and Eve on our way out of the game. Wall-E is one of our favorite movies.

Then we went back to Disneyland and went on Space Mountain. For those who do that k ow it it’s a roller coaster in the dark. It’s a lot of fun.

The Jungle Cruise was next. I can’t decide if our host wasn’t that funny or if our group just wasn’t funny, because Fiks and I were the only ones who would laugh.

Once we were done with the Jungle Cruise we went back on Pirates and Indy. We then took the train all around Disneyland, which stops off in Toontown, Main Street, and The French Quarter. We rushed back to the Blue Bayou for dinner. Again, they had an allergy free menu. I had the chicken, and Fiks had the rib eye. Both were amazing. The potatoes were a little too spicy for me.


It was so good that I forgot to take a photo. If you can go there for dinner, or lunch, I highly recommend it. We then went and got more begniets. They were Mickey Mouse shaped. Not nearly as good as the ones from Downtown Disney. We ran across the park to Star Tours and then went on the Matterhorn one last time for the last ride of the night. It was fun in the dark, a lot more whiplash and water on the left side then on the right. We then did some shopping. Got a few shirts, got some more pins.

I’m really glad that I did the pin trading thing. I traded out 5 pins for new ones that I’m really happy with. I even got a Sagittarius one. I also traded one for the face of a snake, we can’t decide if its Ka’a from The Jungle Book or if its the snake from The Rescuers Down Under.

Thursday came around and it was time to leave. So we packed up our stuff and jumped in the car and started our drive back home. We stopped by and visited Fiks’ knight, Gwindair. We did some talk about weddings, she kind of set a fire under my ass about wedding stuff, especially the dress. The we talked about Fik’s knighting. About his theme and his sword, stuff like that. Not going to give any details away though.

I took over driving 2/3 rds of the way home. He just wasn’t feeling well. He said he wouldn’t fall asleep, and he was out within 10 minutes. But he needed the sleep, so I can’t complain. He woke up about 45 minutes away from home.

I woke up wide awake at 130 this morning. Just wide awake, couldn’t get back to sleep. So I started looking a wedding dresses, and trying to find the boutique which carries the dress in the state. I emailed one lady, I’m hoping to hear from her soon. The dress that I want to try on is by Mary’s Bridal. They have some beautiful dresses. I finally fell asleep between 530-6. Then was awake by 815, so I’m expecting to crash any minute. But my day went pretty well. Work was fine. I didn’t want to focus and pay attention though. I kept distracting myself with Facebook, The Knot apps, talking to friends, my cousin, Fiks, and reading books.

Saturday was alright. Work was fine. I was meant to talk to my cousin about Disneyland but we talked wedding stuff instead. Specifically dresses. One of the residents was really nice and brought me some oranges fresh off the tree.

When I got home my dress had showed up 3 days early. You remember that’ dress from the start of the blog? Yeah… I bought it. And it fits! Not bad for just guessing at the size.

Some of the detail at the bottom of the dress.

I’m really happy with it. I’m not usually a dress person, but this one just spoke to me. I’ll probably wear it at our engagement party…. Whenever that happens… I also opened my chocolate frog that I got from Harry Potter world.

Works been fine. Been in cahoots with my cousin. Fiks went to amtgard. There is family dinner when I get done with work. I’ll get to see Gucci for the first time in a week! Yay!

Have a good week!

giphy (61)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s