I miss riding (Week 30)

Hello from Monday!

How are you doing?

I’m doing alright. I miss riding my horse. Or any horse really. So today after flopping around the house for a little while to wake up I went over to my parents place and got Gucci out and brushed him for a while. Then I went and got a saddle pad and threw it on and then jumped on him (mostly) bareback with his halter on. It was a nice, grounding experience. I can’t tell you the last time I was on him.


Man, I’ve missed this view.

We walked on the property for 10-15 minutes. I could tell that the hock injections that we gave him a while ago are working, he feels so smooth again. Like it isn’t painful or hard to stretch out those back legs. So I think it was a good use of money.

After I put Gucci away my mom wanted to take me shopping. So we went and did that. I wound up with 2 new jeans, 1 pair of shorts, and 3 new tops. That’s a lot of shopping for me, I’m not a huge shopping person to begin with. Then we went home and watched some M*A*S*H in my parents bedroom.

Around 5 I went and picked Fiks up from work because we had a meeting with a wedding photographer. We were a little late, but it worked out in the end. She was super nice and friendly, and seemed to fit our style. She loves doing photo journalistic type of photos, but she did say that she was trained in the classic style of lighting and portraits and something else that I can’t remember. Fiks asked her a view questions which she answered really well. I was mostly quiet just trying to absorb the information she was throwing out and trying to think of questions. I liked her because she didn’t push any kind of package at us, and explained that we had a while to choose what we wanted.

Tuesday was alright. It was another warm day. I didn’t really do anything in the morning besides watch TV, huge change from the norm. Fiks was working in the area so he came home for lunch, so that was nice to see him before I left for work. Work went okay. My headset died while I was there, so I didn’t get to listen to all of my podcasts like I wanted to. It kind of made the rest of the afternoon drag on.

Fiks’ brother showed up late Tuesday night. So when I woke up Wednesday we had company, which was cool. I knew that he was coming. I told him that I was doing errands and things and that he was welcome to stay or to come with me. He decided to come with me, so we went and did my errands. I got my eyebrows done, went and picked up my mom, went and got medicine from the vet and gave them a payment (ugh! Goodbye money). Then we went to the grocery store.

After waiting for my mom at the store we went back to her place and unloaded her groceries we played with Gucci for a little while. Well, I groomed him and Fiks’ brother played with him. Gucci was searching him for treats while I was brushing, but he didn’t seem to mind. Oh yeah, Gucci also stole a carrot out of my back pocket when I wasn’t paying attention.

When Fiks came home we went and got sushi for dinner. Yum!

Thursday was okay. I watched Doctor Who while I was waking up. Work went fine, nothing really happened which was nice. Thursday night we walked down to a local brewery where they were having English Dinner Pies for, well, dinner. I had the cheese and broccoli, which was yummy, and Fiks picked up a few Cornish Pasties. We also said goodbye to Fiks’ brother, he was staying with friends for the weekend.

Friday went alright work wise. I did have someone try to steal a bike though. Ends up he was the nephew of the guy who rode the bike in. He said it was okay if he took it for a spin, so I let him. But the rest of the day was uneventful. I came home to Fiks packing up to go up to Bill the Nun’s house for the weekend. There was an event up there called Dunes Day. I was very tempted to go with him and call out sick both days. But I called out sick last week, so I figured I shouldn’t.

Saturday was meh. I couldn’t get my mind into work mode. I couldn’t get people to stop for me. I was just frustrated and upset for most of the day. I went over to my parents house after work and my mom, sister, and I all had dinner. Then we watched Winchester. It was alright, Mom fell asleep within the first 10 minutes. It was kind of predictable with the jumps and scares.

Sunday joined Saturday on being meh. 3rd night in a row of not sleeping well. But I went into work and I just kind of… stalled. I didn’t want to do my second patrol. I only left the booth when I had to. Apparently there was a roofer at one of the resident gates trying to get out and having a complete meltdown, so I went to go find him and by the time I was at the right gate he was gone.

That’s basically it.

Have a week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s