I’m going back to school…(Week 31)

Hi from Modnay!

I slept okay last night, even though I did wake up a couple of times. But I woke up and I felt rested, so that was nice. I woke up and had my bowl of cereal and put on Grey’s Anatomy and watched that for a little while.

I had my first doctors appointment for the day and it was a little weird. It wasn’t my usual doctor for one, we didn’t change anything, she took my tone as being happy even tho I said felt like I was struggling some days. And then we didn’t even make another appointment, so I don’t know what to do if things get worse.

Afterwards I got dressed and headed out on my walk. My Cousin joined me like 10 minutes into it, which was totally fine, it was nice seeing her. And it was already 75 at 915, I don’t know what I would have done if we waited for our usual time. I enjoyed the walk and the talk, and then I came home. I meant to change my shoes but I forgot to, so after my Cousin and I hung up I left to go to my parents house.

I got there and said hi to Gucci, who was happy to see me. He met me at the gate and took his two hello cookies and his carrot.

I went inside and said hi to Mom, Poppa, and Lumi. Lumi wanted to play but kept running away from me, and I didn’t want to play that game with him today. Mom and I went and sat down and watched an episode of Dr Pol for a little while. Then I got up and grabbed some cookies and went to take Gucci out for his walk. But first I fly sprayed him.

He came out of the stall a little stiff, but we seemed to work it out halfway into the first lap. We did big laps today, so we went a little farther then we usually do. I want to do more than take him around the driveway, but I don’t want him to get used to going down the driveway and thinking its okay. So I’ll have to figure something out.

Mom came out and gave him carrots on the second lap, and he was so happy to see her. She hasn’t gone out to see him in a long time because she still has a hard time getting around. We walked around a couple more times, and I took him into the field and we went around “The Mountain” and then I put him back in his stall.

Mom and Poppa were excited to meet the dog trainer, so we put the leash on Lumi and Poppa took him outside, and I helped Mom get around outside. Poppa was walking him around the property when the dog trainer showed up. And he got Lumi’s number in less than a minute. He knew exactly what Lumi was going to do and when he was going to do it. He taught Poppa how to handle Lumi and a couple of things to do with him. I was really impressed, and so were Mom and Poppa.

I had to leave while the demo was still going on for my second doctors appointment for the day. I went on auto pilot and came home, she called me while I was halfway home. That appointment went a lot of better, so that was nice. After a while I called my parents to see what they thought of the trainer, and they liked him. They want to go with a certain training program.

I flopped on the sofa for a while and watched more Grey’s and browsed Facebook. Then I got a bug under my bonnet and started registering for school. The local college either doesn’t have the math class I need this semester or its already full. Then I started looking at other community colleges and I found a Veterinary Assistant program which doesn’t require the math class, and it would take about a year to complete. So I’m hoping to get into that.

Fiks had to work late tonight, so I had dinner by myself, left over pizza. I talked with my Mom about it and she was really supportive about it. I talked to Fiks when he got home about it and he was excited for me, said he’d do whatever was needed to help me. So that’s nice knowing I have people in my corner.

I had a hard time getting to sleep. I took a hot bath and soaked in that for a little while, and took my meds for my leg spasms. Then I was able to sleep for a couple hours before waking up again. Then I was able to get back to sleep, but it explains why I woke up late this morning. So I woke up and got my bowl of cereal and turned on Grey’s. After having breakfast I went and checked the class and there were only a few places left, so I jumped in and took one of the last spots.

I got dressed for work and headed over to my parents house to say hello to Gucci. I gave him his 2 cookies and a carrot, but he wouldn’t give me a happy face today, grumpy Gus.

Poppa and Lumi came out to say hi to me, and Lumi seemed to be behaving better for Poppa today. I went inside and said hi to Mom and told her I enrolled in school this morning. She was excited for me, and then when Poppa and Lumi came inside I told him that I was enrolled in school again. I told him about the program and he was supportive of it. So yay, support all around!

Gucci was good for his pasting, even if we had to chase him down for a little bit. I took off his blanket and put on his fly mask and then I went inside, and Poppa stayed outside. Mom and I made and shared a sandwich, and we called Poppa in to eat his left over pizza with us. We all sat down and watched Dr Pol while we were eating.

Poppa wanted to work with Lumi on his aggressiveness, so I went and put on my old black trench coat and a black cowboy hat, covered up my shirt that was white, and went outside and waited. When it was time I started to approach Lumi and Poppa, and Lumi went nuts. He was barking and lunging at me, and Poppa started working on the stuff that the trainer said yesterday. After about 30 minutes of this we decided to call it when he was quiet, and so I came back inside and left my ‘costume’ in Poppa’s room. Poppa and Lumi never came back in tho. So I popped my head out the front door and Lumi was still going nuts, and Poppa was just remaining calm and looking at Gucci.

Once Lumi stopped barking him and Poppa came inside. Lumi came in and started barking again, and Poppa went outside to work on the recycling. Shortly after it was time for me to leave, so I said bye to Mom, and then to Lumi. I grabbed Gucci’s cookies and said goodbye to him and Poppa before hopping in the truck and taking off for work.

I got to work okay, and I sat and read my book 47 for a while. And then it was time for me to go in and get ready for work. Work was fine, if a little busy. I stayed at the door and let members in one at a time. I stood and talked with one of the managers, she’s also going to school, but she’s in a under graduate program, so her’s is a little more intense than mine. She says with online learning you either sink or swim from her experience, I’m hoping to swim.

I came home and got cleaned up and turned on some Grey’s for a little while and jumped on the computer for a couple of things. Then Fiks came home and got cleaned up and we watched Monsters University because Fiks kept quoting one of the characters from Monsters Inc, which we didn’t think was in Monsters U, but they were at the very end.

I went to bed a little late, but that’s okay. I actually fell out of bed and onto the floor in the first couple of hours I was sleeping. Talk about embarrassing. Fiks came and helped me get up and back into bed, and after that I slept soundly until 3, which is when Fiks woke me up to tell me to stop kicking him. So I moved myself out onto the sofa and started Kung Fu Panda. We’ll see if I get back to sleep or not.

I fell back to sleep at some point in the movie, don’t know where tho. But I’ve seen it enough times it doesn’t matter. I woke up again when Fiks came out into the living room. He either said my name or kept moving around enough to disturb my slumber. So I went and got dressed and ready for the grocery store. I told him I was sorry about kicking him, he said he was sorry about kicking me out of bed. I guess I need to talk to one of my doctors if I’m kicking him in my sleep again.

I got to the grocery store and listened to Spotify. Everything was going fine, I was listening to my music and going around and getting my stuff when a old grumpy guy said I was “Going the wrong way, you fucking bitch”. How grumpy of a person do you have to be to say that to someone at 7am? I just ignored him and kept on shopping. Came across him later. He leaves his cart in the middle of the isle and goes up and down picking up his things instead of moving it with him. Whatever. I just wanted to get out of there a quickly as possible at that point.

I went over to my parents house and gave Gucci his 2 good morning cookies, there were no extra carrots out there, and I forgot to grab one from the truck. But I did give him his breakfast bucket and he took a few bites from it and I petted him while he was eating. He then backed up so I put it in his trough, and then I got his half a flake of hay and gave him that as well.

I went and tried the door to the house and it was locked, so I got my key and opened the door and put my cold and frozen groceries away. Then I walked into the living room right when Poppa came around the corner. I let Lumi out of his kennel and then we went and said hi to Mom and sat down and watched the news. After we got the local news and weather Mom switched it to Dr Oakly. I fell asleep during this and Mom went upstairs to get dressed. Lumi came in and poked me in the face and started barking to make sure I woke up.

Poppa came in and was sorry Lumi woke me up, I said it was fine. I stole one of his muffins for breakfast and watched some Dr Pol. Then when Mom came down I got up and made Gucci’s medicine, and so we went out and pasted him. He was a really good boy for this today. We took off his blanket and put on his fly mask and then made his buckets for the next couple of days. I have to go to the feed store tomorrow to get his senior and another bale of hay.

We went back inside and Poppa said that he wanted to work on his training with Lumi. So I threw on my trench coat and black hat and walked outside. It went better than yesterday, he wasn’t pulling on the leash and backed up with Poppa today. So that was good. After 15 minutes of barking I called in and came back inside. Poppa came back in 5 minutes later after Lumi had calmed down.

I had to leave to go get ready for my movie with my Cousin. So I grabbed my cold groceries and threw them in the bag and threw that into my truck. Then I went over and said goodbye to Gucci. Poppa went with me down the hill to collect the garbage cans, so I dropped him off and came home. I unloaded the groceries and parked the truck, and thew the cold and frozen stuff in the fridge and got ready for the movie.

None of us had seen this and it was a request from my Cousin’s Son, so we sat down and watched it. We chatted the whole time through. We enjoyed it even though it had its creepy doll moments. This song played through my head for most of the movie.

After the movie we went for our walk. About a third of the way through I slipped on some we grass (I think), and fell on the asphalt. I lost my sunglasses and my phone, giving my Cousin a beautiful view of the sky and some trees. “Uhhhh, is everything okay?” “Yup, just fell down” Ended up grazing my elbow, leg, and hands. I’m talented. But the rest of the walk went fine.

I flopped on the sofa and turned on Grey’s and passed out for an episode or two. I woke up and it was 5 and I went and got cleaned up and then I went to go and make dinner, only to find we didn’t have everything. So I texted Fiks and asked him to pick up the onion and pepper for dinner if he wanted tacos. He wanted tacos so he did. I just hung out until he got home and then he showed up with this amazing bouquet of flowers of white roses and lily’s.

He quickly got cleaned up and chopped up the veggies and chicken, then had to hop on the computer to do some amtgard stuff, which left me in control in the kitchen. I’m fairly confident in the kitchen, it just depends on the dish. I’m not confident with my knife work, so I leave that to Fiks. But I can cook, so I drop the chicken in the skillet and cook that, then I pull them out and cook the veggies and drop the chicken back in once they are cooked. I add the seasoning and water, and get everything out for the tacos. They turned out really good. For entertainment I put on Monster’s Inc.

Fiks came home with his new Nintendo Switch, so 3/4 of the way through the movie he starts to hook it up to the TV… and disconnects the Roku. Whoops. So I sit and watch him hook up the Switch and then set it up. He sets an account up for me too, which is nice. When it was time I went and crawled into bed.

I slept okay last night, and I didn’t kick Fiks, yay! True, I took my leg spasm pills, but hey, they worked. I woke up and moved to the sofa and grabbed my bowl of cereal and turned on Grey’s. After a episode or two I got dressed and ready and headed to the feed store. I went inside and looked for a martingale collar for Lumi, and then I went and ordered my stuff for Gucci. Hay, Senior, and shavings. Then I went and headed over to my parents house.

Gucci was happy and met me at the gate for his two hello cookies.

I went inside and said hi to Mom and Lumi, Poppa was down the hallway shaving. I saw Lumi and slipped the collar on him, and then Poppa came out and we went and unloaded the feed. I backed up the truck to the stall and stopped, I unloaded the feed into the tub and then I unloaded the shavings, dropping two in front of Gucci’s gate. Then Poppa and I unloaded the bale of hay and propped it up. Gucci supervised the whole time, and was happy to get two new bales of shavings.

We went back in and then Mom and I watched a little more of the news before switching it to Dr Oakley, and then that switched to Dr Pol. When Poppa came back down I went and made Gucci’s medicine and we pasted him, and he did really good, and I didn’t get any on me today, yay! Then we went back inside, and I made sandwiches for Poppa and I. Mom said she tried to shrink down the collar and had it as small as it could go and it still slipped off over his head, so he needs the next size down.

When it was time I took off for work. I got a good parking spot and I sat in my truck and read my book 47 and listened to the radio when it was time. Then I went and got ready for work and went inside. The day went fine, I didn’t have any crazies or upset people to deal with. There was a new guy, and he held his own fairly well.

I came home and went and got cleaned up quickly and then jumped on the computer for my Generalized Anxiety Class. I had a hard time figuring out the speakers and the microphone, but I did get them there. I wrote them down so I could just do it correctly next week. So I was only like 10 minutes late for class, but thankfully he hadn’t gone too far into the hand out.

I quickly caught up and took a lot of notes. And we have 3 home works to do, so I’ll have to get caught up on that before next Thursday. Fiks came home while I was in class, so I didn’t really get to say hi to him. When class was done Fiks was on the laptop playing games with his friends. I joined in for a little while before heading to bed.

I slept good last night, I didn’t want to wake up. And then my alarm went off and I grumpily rolled out of bed and got dressed and ready for work. Then I went and made my breakfast and packed my lunch and I saw Fiks had forgotten his tea. So I finished making his tea and took it with me into town and swung by the station and dropped it off. Then I went over to my parents house where Gucci was waiting for me and his two hello cookies.

I said good morning to him and gave him some pets and love and then I went inside. I said hi to Mom, Lumi, and Poppa and sat down and ate my breakfast for a while. I was just about to paste Gucci when Poppa came out of his office and came and helped me out. He did good today, I gave him some extra pets and love then we went inside.

It’s one of my Aunt’s birthdays tomorrow, so my parents called her today and wished her a happy birthday and had a good conversation, and when it was time I had to leave. I said goodbye to Gucci and then I headed off to work.

I got to work okay, I sat and browsed Facebook for a while then I got dressed. I walked in with my tea and got that all sorted and got my work phone. I stood and chatted with the greeter for a while, then the other greeter came in, so I chatted with him for a while. Then I turned on my podcasts and did my best to listen to those, but it was difficult at times. But the day went fine, had a couple of grumpy people but other than that it was business as usual. It was really busy after my lunch basically until almost closing.

After work I went over to my parent house for dinner because Fiks was going to be out late. Gucci was surprised to see me, and I gave him a carrot and some love. Then I went inside and said hi to Mom, Poppa, and Lumi. Mom had made some pizza for dinner, so I had a slice or two. Then I came home and got cleaned up and watched some Grey’s anatomy as I waited for Fiks to come home. He finally got home and then I crawled into bed while he was getting cleaned up.

I had a hard time getting to sleep. I finally decided to give up and go sit with Fiks and he said he was coming to bed. So I crawled back into bed with him and then I was able to get to sleep.

I slept okay once I got there, and then I woke up with my alarm and got dressed and ready for work. I kissed Fiks goodbye and then I ran and made my breakfast and lunch and then I was off to work. I got to work okay, with time to spare to get dressed and go into my little booth. I got out my kindle and started my podcasts and then I started to log people on my work phone.

I sat and read my book 47 for a while, in between logging vehicles. Then I moved onto book 52, because I couldn’t focus on book 47. The day went fine, I had a few close calls with the gate as usual, but nobody ran into today, so that was nice. I was busy today, but it made the day go by faster, so that was nice.

Once I was done with work I headed over to my parents house to go and say hi to Gucci. He met me at the gate and I gave him his two hello cookies and some pets and love and then I went inside the house.

Lumi met me at the door and then he took me outside where Mom and Poppa were sitting with some friends. I said hi to everyone and then I made up Gucci’s medicine and Poppa helped me paste him. He did good for his pasting once we got him settled down. And then we made up a couple of buckets for dinner and breakfast and we went back inside. I said goodbye to everyone and came home.

I got home and Fiks was watching The Ralph Report’s Cocktail party, and I asked him if he wanted to go on a walk with me, and he said yes. So I got changed and Fiks got changed and we started out walk. We went to the feed store and changed out the collar I got for Lumi (it was too big and he could slip it). Then we swung by Starbucks and got some cold drinks, I got a mango dragonfruit drink, and Fiks got a dragonfruit with coconut water. I liked mine better than his, but you couldn’t really taste the coconut water, and I don’t like coconuts.

Then we waited for Fiks order of beer, so we just hung out for a while at the brewery.

After his order was ready we walked out way home. Its hard for me to keep up with his pace, stupid long legged people. But I did pretty good until we were almost home and my calves got super tight. I went at my own pace after that and we got home and came inside. Fiks turned on the Nintendo Switch and started to play Super Metroid. He remembered most of the game, only needed a map for one section which I found amazing.

After watching him play and beat the game I went and got cleaned up and then came out and played some Wizards Unite after placing an order with out favorite Chinese restaurant and while Fiks got cleaned up. When it was time we went and picked up our order then came back home and had dinner before gaming. Gaming was fun for the most part, I stayed up until my gaming bed time.

I woke up around 130 and came out to see what Fiks was doing, he was getting ready to come to bed. So we turned off the lights and went back to bed. But I was unable to get back to sleep, so I moved to the sofa and turned on Kung Fu Panda again. Its an easy movie to fall asleep too.

I fell asleep and woke up with the annoying neighbor starting his Dodge Challenger or Charger, but he was good and didn’t rev the engine this time around. I went back to sleep until my alarm went off, then I went and got dressed for work. I kissed Fiks goodbye and made my breakfast and packed my lunch then I took off.

I got to work with plenty of time to spare, so I set myself up with my book 52 and then I started my podcasts. I wasn’t as busy as I was yesterday, so that was nice. I had a few close calls with the gate again, which is just frustrating. I was just over dealing with people before I was halfway through the day. Once I was done I went over to my parents house and said hi to Gucci who met me at the gate.

Sorry, I love his nose.

Anyway, after saying hi to him I went inside and said hi to Mom, Poppa, and Lumi. I helped Poppa put the chickens on the BBQ and we had to use tinfoil and his smokers lid to cook the chickens properly. Then my Sister came over and needed a hand unloading stuff, so Poppa went and helped her and they let Lumi out. He came back in, but we had to chase him back into the house. Which isn’t what Mom and I wanted.

I heard Gucci whinny while we were checking on the chickens. One had fallen over, so we picked it back up and put the lid back on. Apparently Gucci was throwing another fit while my Sister and Poppa were outside. So I grabbed a couple carrots and went outside to take him for a walk. Fiks pulled up while I was putting the halter on Gucci.

I took Gucci out and he was moving really good. He was moving really forward, but I think it was because he was wanting dinner. Poppa put his dinner in while we were walking. Fiks went inside while we were doing our laps. I put him away and then Poppa and I made up his buckets for the next couple of days.

Mom, Sister, and Fiks were all working on chopping and peeling apples, so I went down and sat with them for a while. In the end there were 2 plates with peels and apple core ready for Gucci. We checked on the chicken and one of them was done, so we pulled it off and took it inside. Poppa started to cut the chicken, and I went outside and gave Gucci some of the apple peels and a couple cores.

I came back in and Poppa was almost done carving the chicken, I helped him out a little bit with moving the chicken from the cutting board onto the platter. Mom pulled the corn out of the pot and put them in a pan, and we pulled out the roastie potatoes. Dinner was good, and we waited for dessert. Fiks and I went out and pasted Gucci, who did really good again. It seems like getting him from the left side is better, even though I’m not left handed.

We went back inside and I cleaned up the syringe and Poppa carved us half of the second chicken to take home. We got a couple bowls of dessert (apple crumble) and came home. I got cleaned up while Fiks was amazing and did the laundry, then I ended up flopping on the bed where Fiks came and found me. We talked for a while and then we moved out into the living room.

He started the Switch and turned on Animal Crossing, so I made myself a game and played that for almost an hour. Then we went and took out the garbage and recycling and then I watched Fiks make a new account and move into my island.

I went to bed, well, we went to bed and snuggled before falling asleep, which was nice. He normally doesn’t come to bed with me.

Alright, that’s it.

And yes, I know I’m posting this a day late, sorry.

See you next (this) week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s