I’m back in the saddle again… (Week 41)

Hi from Monday!

I slept okay last night. I woke up a couple of times but I was able to get back to sleep, so that was a nice way to start my week. I woke up and moved to the sofa after getting some cereal and turning on M*A*S*H.

I had my doctors appointment this morning and that went fine, and then I fell back to sleep on the sofa. I woke up at the time I was meant to be leaving the house. So I quickly got dressed, grabbed my tack and worked on putting on my paddock boots and half chaps. Kind of struggled with that. I called Mom when I was on the way down saying I was running late but I was on the way.

I got to my parents house and said hi to Gucci, who was kind of grumpy this morning.

I was close to on time for him, so I’m not really sure why he was grumpy with me. I ran inside and said hi to Mom, Poppa, and Lumi. Poppa and I ran out and pasted him because he’s getting shoes later today, and then Mom and I took off to Other Mother’s house to ride Smoke.

We pulled up and Other Mother was in Mora’s stall, I guess she just got done working with her. I gave Mora a cookie and then I grabbed my saddle and we walked over to say hi to Smoke. I gave him a cookie and once he was out we walked over to the arena and Other Mother showed me what he can do.

She took off his halter and let him move around the pen, but I didn’t record that, was too busy watching. He moves out really nice, and he seems to enjoy it, he was licking his lips and such. We took him out and went to tack him up, but I didn’t bring any of my girths since they are huge. Apparently he’s big barreled like Gucci, so maybe my girth will fit, we’ll find out next week.

We tacked him up with a western saddle and bridle and then we walked over to the arena. We tightened the cinch/girth and then I got on him. We walked around for a little bit and then we started trotting. My posting made him want to canter, so I just sat his trot and we worked on his woah and backing up. Which is what Other Mother wants him to do. We did some stretches and moved around and trotted. Then we were done and I let him cool out for a couple of laps.

Once we were done Other Mother put Smoke away after a couple of well deserved cookies. My Mom’s chatted for a little while and then we left to come by and check my house to make sure that I had closed the garage because I couldn’t remember doing that. I had. So we swung by Jamba Juice and got some Orange Dream Machines and some pretzels.

Saw this on the floor at Jamba. I thought about it, but I didn’t dance. No music playing so I’d just be the weirdo dancing to no music. So I didn’t. We went back over to my parents house because Gucci was getting shoes, and the Farrier told me he was running early, so expect him around 2 instead of 330-4.

Mom and Poppa chatted about politics (yuck!) when we got there. We do not see eye to eye on numerous things politically, so I just tend to keep my mouth shut around them. I know that’s not the way to do things… but yeah.

Anyway, the Farrier texted me at 130 that he was on his way, so I went and got Gucci out and we started walking our laps that I promised him this morning. He was moving out really nice today, so that was great to see. And he did really good for the Farrier today. Best hind leg flexion he’s had in a year, so that was great to hear. He still had a little hole in his frog, so that’s going to need some Koppertox applications for a while.

Pretty new hooves!

Poppa came out and helped me sweep up the hoof shavings after I put him away. We got the driveway pretty clean, so hopefully Lumi won’t find anything to eat or lick from it. Because dogs like horse hoof because dogs like gross things. Anyway, afterwards we went and made buckets and Gucci put his head over the fence to supervise and sneeze on us.

I came home and flopped on the sofa for a while and turned on Grey’s Anatomy. I tried to take a nap but I couldn’t, so after 2 episodes I went and got cleaned up and then I started watching it again. I’m still watching it because Fiks is gaming tonight, so what I want to watch doesn’t really matter because he’s not paying attention to it.

I slept okay until 4 am last night, then I woke up wide awake. I just tossed and turned until 7 then I finally decided to get up. I had my cereal and my M*A*S*H until it was time for me to get dressed. I got cleaned up for work and then I headed over to my parents house to take care of Gucci.

He wouldn’t give me a happy face, and he looks really angry here, but he isn’t. He’s just being Gucci. Poppa and Lumi went over to Gucci with me and then Lumi was a dummy who sat down in the shavings, so we had to brush them off him before he went back into the house.

I went upstairs and said hi to Mom. I told her that Union Jack wasn’t doing well, and that I ordered me new boots and half chaps last night. My other pair of half chaps one of my aunts bought be before she passed away, so I’ve had them for a while. Maybe once I get back in shape I can wear those chaps again without busting the zipper again.

We went downstairs and watched Dr Pol for most of the morning. Poppa and I went and pasted Gucci, who did really well. Then we came back inside and I made a sandwich for Poppa and I. Afterwards we went and poured Koppertox on his hoof like the Farrier wanted.

When it was time I left for work. I got there okay and I found a good parking spot, despite it being really busy. They were closed yesterday, so they’re always busy the next day after a holiday. I didn’t charge my Raycon earbuds properly, so only the left one was working. I didn’t like that and it was super loud and busy so I didn’t listen to anything until the end of the day.

I came home and got cleaned up and then I started working on dinner. I called and asked my Mom for some cooking advice (I was switching out stuff so I could eat dinner and not feel sick afterwards). But it turned out really good. So good that I forgot to take a photo.

Fiks and I watched the Great British Bake Off while he ate dinner. Afterwards I went to bed. I had a hard time falling to sleep. I had to take another shower then I came and hung out with Fiks for like 10 minutes. Then I tried crawling back into bed. I turned on M*A*S*H and managed to fall asleep. I woke up around 4 when they had some bombs going off on the TV. Then I turned on my audio book and fell back to sleep.

We didn’t really wake up to any alarms, Fiks just kind of woke up and I did with him. He was running late so we were quick getting ready and then we took off down the mountain. I got to the grocery store and listened to a mix station on Spotify that played all the music that I liked, so that was nice. I got everything we needed and then I headed out to go to Gucci.

Gucci saw me driving up and came walking out into his paddock and then he cantered back into his stall. He was happy to see me and the carrots, but not the camera so much.

I went and grabbed my groceries and walked inside the house. Lumi met me at the door and Poppa waved me in from the stationary bike. I put my cold and frozen groceries away and then I went inside and saw that Mom was awake having her cup of coffee. I sat down and we had breakfast while watching the news.

Mom went up and got ready for her nail appointment after the news was over. Poppa and I went outside to take care of Gucci. We walked out with a carrot to give him for putting Koppertox in his hoof. After he chewed for some time I pasted him and then we went for our walk. He’s still a little sore from Monday, so he wasn’t moving as forward as he had been. We did 3 laps and then I put him back in his stall.

Mom was downstairs when I came in and we sat and watched some TV, and Poppa went up to go get cleaned up. I helped Mom back out her car and then she took off for her nails and I waited for Poppa to see if he wanted a lift down to the garbage cans, which he did.

I came home and unloaded and put the groceries away. I was unable to find Union Jack in the tank, after not finding him I moved the filter and… he came falling down. I was super upset and I called and talked with Fiks, let him know that he had passed away. He was amazing through my crying down the phone at him. ❤ I’m crying as I type this and this is like 2 hours after finding him.

Goodbye Union Jack. You were a good fishy.

After crying and watching some Grey’s Anatomy and got the movie of the week ready for the day. We’re watching Paddington, and I only have it on Blu Ray, so I had to wake up the PS4. But I got everything set up just in time for the video chat with my Cousin.

The movie was fun, I hadn’t seen it in a long time. It was a nice distraction from Union Jack. We talked throughout the movie, they were like 10-20 seconds a head of me, but that was fine. Afterwards I called my parents and told them about Jack. I watched some Grey’s Anatomy for a while and then I called my parents and asked if one of them would help me with Gucci giving him a bath, and Poppa said yes. So I drove back down the mountain and to my parents house and we gave Gucci a bath. First one he’s had in over a year. Poppa held him as I hosed him down.

All sudsy while we were waiting for the suds to soak in. Then I hosed him down again to get the soap off. Then Poppa and I stood and BS’d for a while during which Gucci was drying. We would rotate him in the sun so both sides would dry evenly. But it was nice time spending with Poppa.

Fiks called and checked up on me while we were standing in the sun. I was doing okay at that point, so I told him so. We chatted for a few minutes then the driver he was waiting for showed up, so we hung up and I decided that Gucci had dried enough to go back into his stall. Poppa ran inside and grabbed a carrot for his dinner bucket which we gave him. Then we went back inside and sat down with Mom and watched some TV.

I came home after a while and watched Grey’s Anatomy. I waited for Fiks to get home and he pulled Union Jack out of the tank, something I couldn’t make myself do. Then after he had cleaned himself up (Fiks, not Union Jack), we went and got burgers for dinner. We ate outside and then we made our way home. I got cleaned up before going to bed.

I did not sleep well last night. I had muscles spams really bad, so I went and soaked and read a book in the tub for 20 minutes. Then I watched some M*A*S*H until I was falling asleep on the sofa. Then I crawled back into bed and turned on my audio book. I don’t really remember Fiks leaving this morning. I moved to the sofa and had my bowl of cereal while watching M*A*S*H. When it was time I went and got ready for work and I grabbed Jack and left.

I swung by the feed store remembering that I only had one bag of senior which we had opened and would only last until Sunday. I also grabbed a sweat scraper while I was in there to help dry Gucci quickly if I give him another bath anytime soon.

Speaking of Gucci he was very cute and waiting for me when I got to my parents house.

I went and inside and said hi to Poppa and Lumi. I told Poppa that I had Jack with me, so we went down to the tree and picked a spot for him. Then we came back up and Mom was downstairs before heading off to her hair appointment. Poppa dug the hole for him (he needed a pick axe, the ground was that hard!) and Mom and I went down in the car. We said some nice things about him and then we buried him. Poppa and I went up the hill and Mom left. We then got Gucci out and I put medicine on his hoof and then we pasted him. I made us a sandwich and we sat and watched some TV, I think it was Dr Pol, before I had to leave for work.

I got to work and found a good parking spot and sat and read my book for a while. Then when it was time I went in and started my shift. I bounced back and forth from doing the door duties. Apparently I missed the action, they had a crazy lady come in and say that 2 someone’s were riding a tractor and were going to come and kill everyone. The manager called the police on her and kicked her out. The day was fine when I was there, busy, but fine.

I came home and got cleaned up and then I started cooking dinner. Scallop rissoto. Fiks got home right when I was starting, so he went and got cleaned up because it was just cooking the rissoto at this point. When he was done and came back into the kitchen which was perfect timing, because it was time to do the scallops. I turned out really well.

So we grabbed our dinner and our drinks and went and sat down on the sofa and started watching Stranger Things: Season 3.

After the episode was over I went to bed because I was tired from my lack of sleep last night.

I slept okay last night, I only woke up once or twice, but I was able to get back to sleep. I remember Fiks kissing me goodbye this morning, and I rolled over and got like 10 more minutes of sleep before waking up wide awake. So I got an early start on the day.

I got to my parents and Gucci was waiting for me because no one had come out and given him breakfast yet. So I walked over and gave him his hello cookies and then I went and got a bucket and gave it to him, then a flake of hay. I took off his blanket and his fly sheet and fly sprayed him and then I headed over to the house. Poppa and Lumi came out while I was walking back, so we walked over to the stall and Poppa started cleaning his turn out. I tied Lumi to the fence and then I went inside and ate my breakfast.

Mom came down and we watched the news for a little bit, then Lumi came bouncing in and said hi to Mom and I and then he bounced out the door to the back patio, wanting to be played with. After I was done with my bagel I went and made up Gucci’s medicine. Poppa went out with me and we pulled him out of his stall and put medicine in his hoof and then we pasted him.

When it was time I went to work. I screwed around on Amazon and on Facebook before I went in. The day went fine, no crazies today. And one of my favorite greeters were back today, so yay! Its so much fun talking with her. We compared work on our tattoo’s and just caught up.

We decided to go get Pyes for dinner because it was blood well close to 100 degrees when I got of work and close to home. So I got myself a sausage roll and Fiks and steak and mushroom pye. I sat down and watched some Grey’s while eating dinner and waiting for Fiks to come home. He wasn’t too far behind me, so that was nice. We watched some YouTube videos before I went to bed. Fiks was tired and joined me at around 10, so it was nice to snuggle together.

We both woke up with our alarms, I tried to snuggle him in for 5 more minutes, but it didn’t last nearly as long as I wanted it to. Sigh, oh well. We got dressed for work and I went out and made my breakfast and packed my lunch and waited for Fiks to be ready because he was the last car in to the garage, so he had to leave first. He had his breakfast and made himself tea, and then we took off.

I got to work okay, I settled myself in for the day and started logging people in. The day went fine. No stressors really. I had one of my supervisors call me and ask what we do there because he’s covering tomorrow. So I gave him a quick run down over the phone. Then I worked on leaving a note. Then I realized I needed to type it up otherwise it’d be pages of notes for him to read. I just gave him the information I would like if I was covering a shift for someone.

I went over to my parents house and said hi to Gucci, who was pretty happy to see me.

I was heading my way inside when Fiks drove up and gave me a kiss and then drove away back to work. I met Mom and Lumi at the door, and so we went inside. We waited for Poppa to show up, then I made Gucci’s medicine and we went outside and pasted him. He did really good. Then we gave him his dinner bucket and hay, and when back inside. Poppa left for church ad I turned Merlin on for Mom. I sat and watched it a little while before coming home and working on my homework.

Well, I should say try to do my homework. I got one discussion done, and I went to move on to the next one and I was totally lost. I hadn’t read everything I was meant to read, so I’ll do that tomorrow at work. I then went and got cleaned up and flopped on the sofa and watched some Grey’s until Fiks came home a little bit later. I ordered pizza for dinner for us while he got cleaned up.

Pizza showed up while we were watching YouTube videos, so we had that before gaming started. Gaming was fun, we had a good time. I think I quit before something really cool happened, but I’m not sure and I was tired. I woke up again a little bit later and came out and Fiks was getting ready to come to bed, so we went to bed together. I woke up a couple more times in the night, so not my greatest night of sleep this week.

Fiks got up at 530 because his body clock said to, which got me up before my alarm went off. So I slowly got dressed and ready, kissed Fiks goodbye once he came back to bed. I made my breakfast and packed my lunch and then off to work I went. I got there early today. I started reading my textbook and letting people in. I got into my textbook and had a few people sneak up on me, but that’s okay. Better than sleeping and getting sneaked up on.

The day went fine tho, so that was nice. When I was done I went to my parents house to say hi to Gucci and for dinner.

I gave him his hello cookies and then I went to the house and said hi to Mom and Lumi who met me at the door. Poppa was out back watering Mom’s plants for her. Mom showed me dinner, stew, and then we made up Gucci’s medicine. Poppa came and helped me with pasting Gucci, then we made up his buckets for the next few days. Afterwards we went back inside the house and watched Hocus Pocus with Mom for a little while before my Sister and Fiks showed up.

We quickly sat down to dinner, which was good. We chatted for a little while and then I started to crash, so Fiks and I came home after giving Gucci some apple.

I got cleaned up and jumped on the computer to do my homework, and that’s how I’ve spent my night. We still need to do laundry and garbage. You know. Adulting things.

This is where I leave you.

See you next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s