Happy Thanksgiving (Week 47)

Hi from Monday!

I slept okay last night, even though I did walk up a couple times. I woke up once and watched Fiks play Breath of the Wild for a little bit before heading back to bed. When I woke up for the morning I moved to the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal and started watching Buffy while going through some emails.

I got an email from a vet clinic wanting to do an interview with me, so that’s set up for tomorrow morning. I managed to register for my math class this morning, and a hunk of change later, I’m enrolled for my class. I stayed flopped on the sofa until it was time to leave for do training with Poppa and Lumi. But I also started the last load of laundry, so that was nice.

I got to dog training a little late, but that’s okay, the dog trainer was later than me. Poppa and Lumi beat me there, so I went over and said hi. Then the trainer showed up and Lumi started barking at some of the other dogs so we had to throw him into the car and let him calm down before continuing on with class.

Poppa walked him around for half the class and I had the buzzer, and then we switched and I took Lumi for a while. It was interesting being on the other end of the dog. We had a couple barking fits and then we managed to finish on a good note, so that was nice.

We headed to my parents house once training was done. I went over and said hi to Gucci who was a little stiff but he was happy to see me, so that was a nice change.

I gave him his cookies and some pets and then I went inside with Poppa and Lumi for a little bit. I said hi to Mom and then the three of us sat down and had a cookie while watching some TV. I grabbed some carrots and the bag of apple peels and went out to Gucci to take him for a walk. We did a couple laps, he wasn’t moving the greatest today, then I went and brushed him for a little bit, then Mom came out and hung out with us for a while.

We both brushed him for a while and I picked his bad foot and it looks really weird. So I put medicine on it then I went and gave him 2 bales of shavings while Mom was hanging out with him. He was looking for some grass, but it hasn’t rained enough for grass yet. Poppa and I went out and pasted him.

He’s meant to be coming out next Monday, so hopefully he can fix whatever is going on in his hoof. After the pasting I headed home and swung by the feed store and picked up some feed and more shavings for the next couple of weeks. There was a new guy and he was having problems with my order, so it took longer to get.

But I got home and put the garbage cans away, moved the laundry, and ran upstairs and started the movie with my cousin.

We watched that together and I helped one of my amtgard friends out with one of her projects she’s working on for school. It was really cool seeing her again. I ordered my books after Avengers was done, and I found my old graphing calculator out. I need to throw new batteries in it, but hey, at least I found it before class started.

I had this calculator when I was really low mood wise in life. And I had math class every day before I had to drop out for health reasons. But I have really bad test anxiety, and so this little saying managed to help me out.

After doing school stuff I flopped on the sofa and watched some more Buffy for a while. Then when it was time I started making dinner. Lobster shrimp pasta with bread, it wasn’t that hard to cook and it turned out really well.

Fiks got home right when I was done cooking dinner. His nose must have told him when to come home. He dished up his dinner and then he jumped onto the computer to join his other gaming group. I watched the Great British Bake off and then I turned on Buffy until it was time to go to bed.

I didn’t sleep well last night. I woke up every hour and just tossed and turned when I did fall asleep. I ended up moving to the sofa and turned on a movie and slept to that. I woke up with Fiks kissing me goodbye and asking if I wanted to go to bed. I said I had to get up in an hour anyway, so I just stayed on the sofa sleeping until it was time to get up.

I woke up and had my bowl of cereal, and turned on M*A*S*H so if I fell asleep I didn’t really miss anything important instead of watching Buffy and missing stuff. I woke up in time for my interview, which went really well, minus not having any experience. The recruiter I talked to really liked me and said she’d keep me in mind for any entry level position. She said she’s been in my spot and to just keep applying places. I thanked her for the encouragement and we hung up.

I went and got dressed for work and then I headed over to my parents house with my truck full of feel and shavings. I went and said hi to Gucci who was happy to see me but would not let me get a happy photo of him looking at me.

I went inside and said hi to Mom, Poppa, and Lumi. I hung out with Mom watching Dr Pol for a while and then Poppa and I went out and pasted Gucci and unloaded his feed and shavings. Poppa gave us cherry pie for lunch and then Mom and Lumi fell asleep, Poppa was on his computer, and I watched TV until it was time for me to go to work.

I got there on time and then I just sat and read my book for a bit while listening to music, When it was time I went inside and started my shift. I swear I remember clocking in, but when I went to log out I hadn’t punched in. So I dunno. But the shift went fine, nothing happened. I watched the door most of the shift so I didn’t get to listen to most of my podcasts.

I came home and got cleaned up, and then Fiks got home and we decided to get Chinese for dinner. We cleaned up the kitchen while we were waiting for our order to be ready, and then when it was time we went and got it. We watched some YouTube videos for a while and then Fiks started playing Breath of the Wild. I stayed up late watching him play.

I went to bed when I started falling asleep on him and read for a few minutes before falling asleep. I didn’t sleep that well again last night. I remember waking up and coming out side to watch Fiks play some more, then I went back to bed. I did the waking up every hour thing again and then before I knew it it was time to get up and go to the grocery store.

The store was busy for 645am, they had 3 or 4 teller lines open and there was a person with two carts full of stuff. Crazy. Anyway, I got what I wanted and some more, and I got what Mom wanted, and checked out.

I went over to my parents house when I was done and said hi to Gucci, who was waiting for his breakfast. I gave him his bucket and his hay, but he wouldn’t look at me for a photo.

I went inside and found Poppa and Lumi, and I told him that I needed my birth certificate for my passport, and then Mom came downstairs and made herself a cup of coffee and then I made myself some hot chocolate and we went and sat down and watched the news. Lumi fell asleep on Mom and Poppa went and got my birth certificate and the certificate of abroad birth proving I’m a US Citizen.

So when it was time I left for my appointment, but first I ran a garbage can down to the street for Poppa. Then I swung by the bank, and then I went to the post office and hung out until it was my time for my appointment. It went well, they just needed to see my birth certificate, but they needed to take my copy of my marriage certificate. I’ll get that with my old passport back with my new passport shows up.

I went back to my parents house and talked with Poppa for a bit and gave him back the papers. Then I went up and talked with Mom for a while and then I went outside and took Gucci for a walk. He was moving better today, so we did 3 laps instead of 2. He had a few snorty moments and a prance with a gust of wind came up. But he took a photo with me after getting a carrot.

I put him away with a few more treats and then I went inside and made up his medicine. Mom and I hung out while we were waiting for Poppa to come down and help me paste him. He did really good today. Then we went inside and Poppa said goodbye, he was taking off for church, and then I took off and came home.

I put the cold groceries away and then I hung out on watched Buffy for a little while and then it was time for the movie of the day: Thor, Dark World.

I had a interview that went well, I think I’m going to get a job offer next week. Fingers crossed! I’ll give you more details next week when I hear back from them. I just hung out on the sofa and watched Buffy the rest of the day basically. I made myself left over Chinese for dinner and waited for Fiks to get home., Oh, I did turn on one of my old favorite movies and Gucci’s old show name and one of my favorite musicals: Sunset Blvd.

Once he was home and cleaned up we watched some Animaniacs on Hulu before I headed off to bed.

I slept pretty good for me last night, only waking up 2 or 3 times. And I slept in a little bit. I tend to do that when Fiks is home, so that’s nice. I woke up and was starving and wanting waffles, so I pulled some frozen ones from the last batch he made and stuck them in the toaster. I watched some Buffy with breakfast and then Fiks got up and we started to make pretzels, well, we cleaned up the kitchen first and then we made pretzels.

So we made the dough in the mixer and then Fiks let it set of a hour. While we were letting it rest he started playing Legend of Zelda: Links awaking. Its like Zelda but Chibi. Its cute. Then the time went off and back to cooking he went. I just stood and helped where I could.

Fiks says it always reminds him of a brain after it rests. So it cuts in it to half to start and makes me take another photo. Then he cuts the halves into quarters and makes 4 pretzels with one half and then does the same with the other. Then he boils them for 30 seconds, puts and egg wash and salt on them, and then into the oven they go.

After the pretzels are done Fiks runs and gets cleaned up and then when they are cool we put them in a dish and headed over to my Sister’s house for Thanksgiving. Mom, Poppa, and Lumi are already there, we’re just waiting for my Brother to show up with the food. So we watch British Bakeoff for a while and then he shows up and drops off the food.

We do lunch over zoom, so we can see my brother, wife, and niece all at the same time. It was going well until my niece fell and bumped her head, then we said goodbye. Fiks and I left soon after, and I took a nap on the sofa while he played more of Zelda. Then when I woke up it was time to go and take care of Gucci, so we went and did that.

Gucci whinnied at us as soon as we got out of the car, and we had to run into the house to get some carrots and Fiks grabbed us both (human) cookies to munch on while we took Gucci for his walk.

So we went for his walk and did a couple laps on the property and then we stopped because I wanted to take a photo of the three of us, our little family.

Happy Thanksgiving, from our family to yours!

We walked over to his stall and Fiks helped by holding him while I made his buckets up for dinner and breakfast tomorrow morning and I gave him his hay. Then we put him back into his stall and came home. We snuggled on the sofa for a little while just watching YouTube videos.

I can’t put into words how happy he makes me.

Anyway, he fell asleep on the sofa and I was feeling nibbles for more food, so I went over to my sisters house and grabbed some more food and got some more cherry pie before coming back home. Fiks was now awake and he started playing Links Awaking again, and I watched for a little while before jumping on the computer and starting working on this again.

I slept okay last night, I woke up a couple of times but I was able to get back to sleep. I remember being really cold at one point. Fiks kissed me goodbye and I stayed in bed for a little while longer before getting up and starting my day. I got dressed and made my breakfast and my lunch and headed over to my parents house to see Gucci.

See? He can be happy to see me. He’d already gotten his breakfast by this point, so I just gave him some treats and some love and then I went inside and had my bagel with Mom while we watched the news. Poppa came back in with Lumi after a little bit, but then it was time to go and paste Gucci so we went and did that. He was a good boy for it, so that was nice.

We went back inside and hung out until it was time for me to go to work. I got there fine, there was this spectacular park job where a Prius had taken up not one, not two, but three parking spots. I wish I had taken a photo of it now that I think back on it. Oh well.

When it was time I went inside the bank and made my cup of tea and clocked in and then I started my day. It wasn’t super busy day. It was quite boring to be honest. Which was fine. Nothing happened, we didn’t have anyone the last 20 minutes of the shift. B.O.R.I.N.G. I came home and got cleaned up and then I started making dinner.

Fiks and I worked on dinner, everything came out fine. It just took a little… well, a lot longer with the chicken than it said in the instructions. But it was good. Chicken breasts, Brussel sprouts, potatoes, and a fig sauce with blue cheese crumble on top.

While we ate we watched The Mandalorian, and man, was that a good episode. Then we watched some YouTube videos and then it was time for me to go to bed.

I didn’t sleep the greatest last night. I woke up at 1 and came out to the living room to wake Fiks up and bring him to bed and he wouldn’t budge. He accidently woke me up when he came to bed around 330, and then I tossed and turned the rest of the time. We woke up with our alarms and got ready for work. I left for work first and I got there on time, a little early even. I got settled in for my day and had my breakfast and started logging in vehicles.

On one of my breaks I went up to the club house to use the restroom and they had this cool scene outside the building.

Cute, huh? But nothing happened during my day. Saw lots of Christmas tree’s come in tho. When it was time I went over to my parents house to take care of Gucci.

I don’t remember what had his attention here, but it was after I had given him cookies and a carrot. I went inside and woke up Lumi and Mom, and Poppa was on the phone. So I grabbed a cookie or two and put on Dr. Pol for a little while. After the cookies were gone I went and made up Gucci’s medicine. Right then Poppa got off the phone so we went out and pasted Gucci and gave him his dinner.

I left shortly afterwards and came home. I went and got cleaned up and then I sat with Fiks on the sofa for a while, then I started to get everything ready for dinner. Italian sausage, pasta with broccoli and sage biscuits with honey butter. It was all wonderful.

So we watched some YouTube videos for a bit while we ate, and then we snuggled and watched some Animaniacs for a while before getting ready for gaming. We started close to on time and it was a fun session, but I had to go to bed basically in the middle of combat, so I kind of felt bad about that.

I did okay sleep wise until 530, then I just lied in bed and not wanting my day to start so flipping early! Fiks got up shortly after me and moved to the living room to cool down. Apparently the bedroom heater which I know I set on a timer never turned off last night, so the room was a we bit warm. I got up and made sure that he was okay, and then I started getting ready for work.

I left a little late, but I still got to work on time, so I made up the difference somewhere. I got myself sorted and started my day, and man, was today slow. I maybe had 100 cars come through the gate today. I tried applying for a job with a vet clinic over the hill, but I was having problems with the website on my phone. I’ll have to do it when I get home.

More decorations at the club house today.

When my shift was finally done with my shift I went over to my parents house to take care of Gucci and for dinner. Mom was cooking ham, roastie potatoes and sweeet potatoes for dinner. And green beans, but yuck to those! Poppa came outside when he saw me and he helped me feed Gucci dinner.

He was very happy to get his dinner early. Poppa gave him his hay and I gave him his bucket, then we went inside where Mom and Lumi were waiting for us. I helped Mom get stuff out of the oven and the knife ready for Poppa to carve with. Fiks showed up just in time as Poppa was plating the dishes. I got everything except the green beans, but what I had was wonderful. I cannot complain.

Fiks and I went and pasted Gucci and put his blanket on, and then we went back inside where they were making plates for us and my Sister to take home. I got home okay, and I got cleaned up and during that time Fiks came home. He had went and got us dessert from the local Dairy Queen, so that was a nice surprise.

We’ve done a lot of adulting tonight since being home. We talked. We moved and folded laundry. We took out the garbage and recycling. Cleaned up the dining room a bit by getting rid of paper bags. Fiks changed the fishes water (they’re doing fine BTW, everyone is still here). We got the long extension cord out so I could start hanging lights tomorrow. Fiks want me to get a splitter and some hooks, so I’ll probably do that tomorrow while I’m out and about.

Alright, that’s it.

See you next week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s