Its starting to look a lot like Christmas…(Week 48)

Hi from Monday!

I slept really well last night. I only woke up once in the middle of it and then when Fiks’ alarms went off this morning, but I was able to go back to sleep. Then I woke up and made myself a bowl of cereal and moved to the TV and turned on M*A*S*H because I still felt dozy. Boy was I right. Fell asleep again, woke up just in time for me to get ready and leave for Gucci’s farrier appointment this morning.

I didn’t realize my lenses was so dusty until I saw this photo. Sorry about that folks. Anyway, I said hi to Gucci, and Poppa and Lumi who were still outside. Poppa had just fed Gucci 15 minutes before, so I gave him more time to eat some breakfast before pasting him. So I went inside and said hi to Mom, who was watching the news.

We watched the news for a while and then I made up Gucci’s medicine and asked Poppa to come out and paste him with me. He stayed at the door and watched because he was still eating his breakfast, Poppa not Gucci. I gave Gucci his medicine okay solo, and saw that he almost had finished his bucket already.

I went back inside for a little while longer and watched more of the news with Mom, and then I went outside and started walking Gucci around so he was good for the Farrier later on. Well, we walked some laps, and then we went into the field and he grabbed the biggest weed he could find and started eating it. He was looking for grass, but because we haven’t had much if any rain lately, there is none.

He started acting up, so I put him back in his stall for a little bit, and he trotted out and then he cantered back in. I went inside and said hi to Mom after walking Gucci around for half a hour, and then the farrier showed up. So I went and got him out so they could start shoing. It started out rough but it ended on a good note, so I’m happy about that. He still has a hole, just in his other hoof, so I’ve to to take care of that for the next month or so. I forgot to take a picture of his pretty new feet, sorry folks. I’ll get one tomorrow.

Afterwards I ran and got my eyebrows waxed, so they look good. Then I ran to Poppa’s second favorite store: Home Depot. I got stuff for hanging lights, and I bought a box of lights, and I got Mom and Pointset flower. So I went back to my parents house and sat down with Mom and we did some Christmas shopping and some talking, so that was fun. Then Poppa and Lumi came home from class, so we had sandwiches for lunch.

After sandwiches I came home and brought up the Christmas boxes and the Christmas tree. I didn’t necessarily need it up today, just in the house. I hung up the new light that I got and looked for the box of the box of lights, but I couldn’t find it. So I called my parents and asked if they had any lights that we could have, and they said yes. But I hung up our wreath and our moose!

I sat down and turned on Buffy, and then I fell asleep. I woke up to the noise of the garage door opening. It was dark inside and out, Buffy had stopped, and it took me a minute to figure out what the noise was. So I went outside and waited for Fiks to come up and then we came inside and Fiks did Chinese for dinner, and I did another ham sandwich. I’m rewatching the episodes of Buffy that I slept through earlier.

I went to bed when it was time, and I slept pretty good last night. I remember waking up and talking to Fiks when he came to bed, and then I woke up one more time, but then I stayed asleep until it was time for me to get up. Then I got out of bed, made my bowl of cereal, turned on M*A*S*H and dozed my morning away.

When it was time I got dressed for work and then I headed over to my parents house and said hi to Gucci.

He was happy to see me and then I went inside and said hi to Poppa and Lumi, Mom was upstairs getting dressed. She came down and then they put it on the news for a bit, then I asked if we could watch some Dr. Pol, and Mom said yes so we did.

When it was time I went outside and Poppa and I pasted Gucci. He also showed me the hoof trimmings I didn’t pick up. I swear that I got all that I saw, still, my bad. Then I went in and had a sandwich and watched TV until it was time to go to work.

I headed down to PetSmart first to pick up some kitten food for my sister and then I went and headed to work and found and good parking spot. When it was time I went inside and started my shift. The day went okay, it was the 1st of the month, so it was busy. And I was at the door most of my shift.

When I was done I came home and got cleaned up and started to cook dinner. I did Korean chicken and edamame rice, it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

It was nommy. And the sauce wasn’t too spicy so I was able to eat it without a problem, yay! Fiks came home while I was cooking and so we sat down and watched some YouTube videos and then we watched The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special.

Fiks, myself, and his little Brother all tried to sit through the original Holiday Special once…. We didn’t make it through its that bad. But this is really cute and a lot better. Then I jumped onto the computer and did some things for the online job fair tomorrow and then I went to bed.

I didn’t sleep good last night. I kept fighting with my gravity blanket. Its the original design so its quite old and has become detached so I have to lift it up to shake the weight around, and I just wasn’t up for doing that in the middle of the night.

I woke up with Fiks and we both had our bowls of cereal together and then we headed down the mountain to go to work and the grocery store. I got to the store fine and waddled my way around while listening to Halestorm, and it wasn’t super busy this time, so that was nice.

I went over to my parents after the grocery store and said hi to Gucci. Poppa was coming out right as I parked, so we went over to Gucci and Poppa let Lumi run while I gave Gucci some love and his breakfast.

After feeding Gucci breakfast I went inside with his goodies and said hi to Mom who had just come down and was putting it on the news. So we sat and watched that for a while and then I went and pasted Gucci with Poppa and he did fine. No spitting any back out on my shoes today. Yay! Then we went back inside and I flopped down on the sofa while Mom went upstairs.

I apparently fell asleep on the sofa because Lumi came and stuck his cold nose in my face. I woke up and it was like 15-20 minutes later, so that was nice. Mom came down stairs and we watched some more TV and then when it was time we both left. Mom left to get her nails done and I left to come home to put the groceries away. I got home and then I changed my shirt and then I applied a little lipstick and started my interviews.

I did 3 interviews/one on one’s before 12 and then I took a break and started the movie of the week, Iron Man 3, with my cousin.

I watched a bit of the movie and then I did my 4th interview/one on one, and then I had a break between my 5th interview/one on one. I didn’t really connect with that interviewer as well as I had with everyone else. But I did my best and that’s all I can do. I got changed after the movie was over and then I flopped on the sofa for a little while watching Buffy while waiting for my doctors appointment. Doctors appointment went fine. I worked on the lights on the stairs for a while after my doctors appointment. Once I got them all hung up I came back inside and watched Buffy for a while.

I ordered pizza for dinner and hoped that Fiks would beat it home, but he didn’t. He had to go back out and help another delivery driver do some deliveries. I turned on How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the Jim Carrey version) as I put up the Christmas Tree. Its my tradition.

He’s still naked, but I’ll add ornaments to him later. Maybe Saturday after work.

Anyway, I stayed up until Fiks came home and then we hung out and watched an episode of Animaniacs together. Then I went to bed.

I slept okay last night. Woke up with some killer heart burn in the middle of it, so I got up and had something to nibble on to take it away. I moved to the sofa with my bowl of cereal and turned on M*A*S*H for a while. Then I went and got ready for work and waited for my other doctors appointment. That went well, we aren’t changing anything yet. If we do it’ll be Christmas Eve. So that’ll be interesting.

I went over to my parents house and said hi to Gucci. He was being silly and only taking treats through the gate, but he brought his head over long enough for me to take a photo.

I went inside and looked for everyone, Poppa and Lumi were in Poppa’s computer room, and Mom was upstairs getting dressed. We went and watched Dr. Pol for a while, and then Poppa and I went outside and pasted Gucci who did good. Then Poppa and I went back inside and Mom and I made sandwiches for the three of us for lunch. Then we sat down and watched more Dr. Pol.

When it was time I went to work, I got there okay and got a okay parking spot. I was playing phone and email tag with a vet clinic all my shift. But the day went well, wasn’t nearly as crazy as Tuesday, so that was nice. I still covered the door tho. Back to the vet clinic. I swear in my interview on Wednesday with them I said 3 or 4 times that I was in the Veterinary Assisting program. She asked me in the email because she wouldn’t respond to my phone calls, and told me that they didn’t need another Veterinary Assistant. And that I had basically wasted their time when they are the ones who came to me. Needless to say I was frustrated and disappointed.

We watched some YouTube videos together then we both went to bed. Fiks was obviously knackered for him to come to bed with me. He hit the mattress and PTFO. I stay up and read my book for a while and then I turn off my light and snuggle down and go to sleep.

I slept okay last night, only waking up once or twice which is good for me. Fiks was already gone to work, so I got up and got dressed for work, and packed my lunch and made my breakfast and then I took off to go take care of Gucci. I pulled up and I thought to go up the driveway slow incase Poppa and Lumi were out, and they were. I was afraid of Lumi chasing the truck, but he sat down next to Poppa like a good boy. When I got out of the truck he came over with a ball for some pets while we headed over to say hi to Gucci, who was eagerly awaiting his treats.

Poppa and Lumi continued their walk and I went in and sat down and said hi to Mom who had just gotten up and hadn’t even started drinking her coffee yet. Poppa let Lumi in, and he came bounding over the sofa to say hi to Mom and then hi to me again. We all sat and watched the news, and right when Poppa came in it was time to go and paste Gucci, so we went back out and pasted him. He was a pretty good boy for us.

Oh! Poppa had me bring over my math textbook to get a head start on my algebra, because math is hands down my worst subject and I need all the help I can get. So he went over the textbook and told me how much he wanted me to get done by tomorrow, that was fine. When it was time I left for work. I got there on time and got my parking spot and then just waited for my shift to start.

The doors opened and one of my favorite people at the bank was there greeting everyone. I was excited to see her, she makes my day go by faster with her there. Anyway, we talked when she was up front with me, about different things like usual. When she wasn’t there I listened to my podcasts. I tried to talk to the other greeter but he just wasn’t up for it today. It was busy non stop today, first Friday of the month. Its normally not that busy, but today it was. And we had a lot of weird and rude people too.

I came home and got cleaned up, and I called Fiks to see what he was up to because I hadn’t heard from him for a while. He was busy doing some work training, so he wasn’t going to be home for a while. So I started doing… something… and then he texted me he was on his way home. Right when he was about to call I ran outside and took a photo of the lights before jumping it in the truck and pulling it out.

Fiks called me right when I was getting in the truck, so my timing couldn’t have been any better. We parked the vehicles and Fiks went and got cleaned up and I continued whatever it was that I was doing until he came out and was looking for dinner. Tonight, once I got to dinner, it was shrimp pasta. Nom nom nom. It turned out really well and Fiks actually got home on time so he was able to eat it while it was still hot.

We watched some YouTube videos and then I went to bed, Fiks stayed up for a little while longer. I didn’t sleep well last night, I was waking up a lot and not being able to go back to sleep. So I moved out to the sofa (where it was cold) and turned on M*A*S*H and snuggled down under the quilt and a blanket and tried to sleep out there. I did kind of. I grumbled when my alarm went off and went and got dressed for work. I kissed Fiks goodbye, made my breakfast and packed my lunch, fed the fish, and went off to work.

I got to work on time. I set myself up for the day and then I started logging vehicles in and reading my book between vehicles. After a while I tried to start my math homework.

Clearly I hadn’t started here, obviously. I spent probably a good few hours doing my homework. I still hadn’t completed it all by the time I was done with work. I went over to my parents house and said hi to Gucci, who was waiting by his gate waiting for his treats.

I gave him his treats, some pets and love, and then I grabbed my binder from the truck and went inside. Poppa met me at the door and Mom was on the phone with Other Mother. Poppa and I went and sat down at the kitchen table and Lumi came and joined us. And wouldn’t leave us alone. So Poppa went and put him in his crate for a while, then he came back and we started on my homework. He answered my questions and helped me solve which problems I got wrong. We were at it for an hour and a half total. We took a break and pasted Gucci and gave him dinner after an hour. Then we started again and my brain just stopped functioning. We decided at the point to be done for the day.

I ran and said goodbye to Gucci and then I made my way home. Fiks was working on the lights. He was using the drill to drill holes in for the hooks for the lights to go on. Yay. It looks better now. I’ll take a photo later. Then we went and got cleaned up and made ourselves left overs for dinner (I did pizza, he did ham), and we sat and watched the Animaniacs until it was time for gaming.

Gaming was fun. We started to close to on time as we have for a while. There was combat. There was loot. Then I went to bed. One of the players got the crap beat out of him and robbed, so that was interesting to hear about when I got home in the afternoon the next day.

I slept like the dead (for me), I didn’t wake up until 5, and then my alarm went off at 615. I was a little happier to get up this morning after all that sleep. I got dressed, kissed Fiks goodbye, went and made my breakfast and packed my lunch, fed the fish, and headed off to work. I got there a little earlier today somehow. But that’s okay. I settled in to my day and started logging vehicles in. Wasn’t nearly as busy as I was yesterday, but that’s fine. I read my book and did more homework. Lots of questions on that one.

After work was done I went and said hi to Gucci, who was happy to see me and get his treats. The neighbors were riding their motorcycles in the field next door and on the fire road above, so they had his attention for a few moments.

I gave him some pets then I went inside and said hi to Mom, Poppa and Lumi. They had me read them a card from England. The handwriting was small and cursive, and I still couldn’t read every word they said. But I got most of them, so that’s the important thing. After we were done with the card Poppa and I went and pasted the boy and then we fed him dinner and went back inside. We chatted for a little bit and then I took off to come home.

When I got home I decided to decorate the tree because I couldn’t take a shower because the dishwasher was going. So I did that (I’ll show you photos next time), and we hung up the stockings. We made dinner. Chicken pesto with broccoli and potatoes. It was very yummy. And I decided what I wanted to do for my birthday dinner. Skirt steak and a bunt cake. Simple, but something we can do at my parents house or at my sisters house if she’s off.

We watched YouTube videos for a while, including the rocket launch from this morning.

Oh! I am officially done with school now! Last assignment submitted.

We did some adulting such as laundry, garbage, and recycling. Then I worked on this for a while and now its almost bed time.

I will see you guys next week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s