Being A Helping Hand…(Week 12)

Welcome to week 12!

I slept pretty well last night. I only woke up once, and then I was sleeping until about 9. I got up and had some breakfast and went over to my Sister’s house to check on my Parents. Mom hadn’t had her eggs yet this morning, so I said I’d be back after she had breakfast. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and then I went back over and helped them out for a little while. When I was done I came home and watched and episode of Doctor Who. I just moved into the Martha Jones series. I like her, she’s just not one of my favorite companions that he gets.

I went and got dressed and Fiks grumbled at me and rolled over and went back to sleep. I went over to my Sister’s and got Mom and Poppa loaded up and took them over to my Brothers house so they could hang out with him and his family for a while. I came home and Fiks was still asleep, so I laid down on the sofa and watched more Doctor Who. Fiks woke up around 230, which woke me up, apparently I had fallen asleep. I didn’t mean or want to. I wanted to work on my classwork for chemistry, so I got up and worked on that for a while and then it was time to head over to my Brothers house for family dinner.

Apparently it was embarrass me night between my brother and sister. Making fun of me for what I did when I was growing up. 😑 Yes, I had problems at sleep overs and not sleeping and wanting to go home after everyone else fell asleep. But dinner was good, home made Alfredo sauce with garlic bread and broccoli and chicken. It turned out really well, the chicken was nice and juicy, even if it did take forever to cook.

My abdomen is hurting as I type this. We’re back home and watching YouTube videos while Fiks plays Breath of the wild. We watched some Um, Actually for a while and then I went to bed.

I had a hard time last night. My abdomen really hurt while trying to fall asleep, and I would wake up with random pain throughout the night. I woke up with really bad pain with my alarm, so I texted my manager and told her what was going on and that I needed to call out sick. Don’t think she was happy about it but she understood. I rolled back over and went to sleep for a few more hours.

I woke up with Fiks, and moved out to the sofa and curled up and watched some Doctor Who. Fiks puttered around on his computer before leaving to go down the mountain to do a few errands. I stayed home and read my book and Doctor Who going on in the background. I did start a load of laundry and then I started the dishwasher before having a snack tray for lunch. I spent the day on the sofa watching TV and reading my book.

I asked Fiks if he was gaming tonight, and he was, so I decided to make dinner. It was butternut squash and gannoci with kale in a sauce. It was good. I forgot to take a picture of it. I need to get back in the habit of that. After dinner I went over and visited my Parents who were doing good and also had just had dinner. Some kind of pasta dish my Sister brought home from next to her quilting class.

I came home and read my book some more, then I went to hop in the shower to see if that would help me with my abdomen pain. The heat was nice, so I dug out my lavender tube sock thingy and threw that in the microwave and warmed it up for a few minutes and then I finished my book. I also had Um, Actually on in the background and would pay attention when a question caught my attention. I lost track of time and took a shower, and then I realized it wasn’t as late as I thought it was so I flopped back onto the sofa and watched more Um, Actually before going to bed.

I woke up a few time last night, and non of them Fiks was by my side. I went out at like 430 and got him to come to bed, and he finally fell asleep after a struggle. I didn’t want to wake up with my alarms, I kept snoozing them until I got up, grabbed some cookies and sat on the sofa and turned on more Um, Actually to wake up to. I got up and dressed and packed my bag, then I went and woke up Fiks so he could move his car so I could get out. The drive to school was okay, just long and slow because of the rain and the super late start, but I got there in one piece which is always the goal.

I walked to class in the rain, and sat down and said hi to C, and I don’t think she heard me because she never responded. Class started quickly, and we did our exercises then went over non-violent communication. I wish I had this last week for when I confronted A about her being mean, because I learned I could have handled it so much better this way. Oh well, live and learn, right? When class was done I made my way to the truck and worked on getting home.

I was almost home when there was an accident right in front of me. A little Ford Ranger (older) spun out in front of me and hit the concreate wall. No one stopped to help the people that were in the accident, so when I got passed I pulled over and helped them out. It was a couple and the woman was obviously shaken and had possibly hit her head. It was pissing down rain so I offered her to sit in my warm truck while the man stayed on the phone with CHP. We started talking and I offered her some water and then CHP showed up. I tried getting out of their way and ended up getting more in the way, so I just did what he told me to do and stayed with the passenger as he towed the car off the highway. The passenger started acting oddly while she was sitting with me. She said she was confused, asked who I was and what had happened. She looked out the window and went “WTF happened to the truck?!” Clearly she did hit her head. I told the CHP that she was acting confused, and he took off and thanked me for stopping to help. I made my way home slowly so I didn’t get in an accident.

Fiks was still home when I got home, so I got a hug from him and told him what happened in greater detail then the few texts I sent him. He left for work and I moved the laundry and then I hopped on the computer for class. I was late, but I had let the instructor know that I would be. And of course I studied the wrong chapter on Sunday. I studied chapter 11 when he was going on about chapter 12. Just my luck. So I did my best to figure out what was going on and took notes. I needed to ask him to slow down because he sped up at the end. I wanted to ask for more help but he was clearly fried, so I didn’t.

When class was done I braved the pouring rain and crazy wind and went over to my Sisters house to say hi to everyone over there. I figured with the crazy weather my Sister wouldn’t have taken my parents anywhere. I was right. We chatted for a little while before I came back home and flopped on the sofa and watched some Doctor Who for a while.

Anyone want to sponsor me to go to England for 2 months at the end of the year?

I got a text from Fiks that one of his drivers were stuck up in the mountains with no way out until midnight at the earliest. I said I’d help rescue him when the time came. I had some left over pizza for dinner and worked on this for a while and watched Doctor Who. When Fiks came home we started to watch YouTube videos for a while, and then I started getting tired and went to bed for a little while.

Right when I was about to doze off Fiks came in and informed me that it was time.

I crawled out of bed and put on my hoodie and a water proof jacket because it was still raining and then headed down to the car. Fiks hopped in and off we went to rescue his guy. It didn’t take too long to get there, so that was nice. And there was a deputy who must have escorted him past everything to get to the pick up location and was waiting for him to leave. Fiks got out of the drivers seat, I got in the drivers seat and then he hopped into the truck with the driver and off to the drivers house we went. He didn’t live too far away from where we picked him up, or maybe because it wasn’t super windy and busy it didn’t seem that far, I’m not sure. But we got him home that’s the main thing. Then Fiks called and checked on me and I said I was struggling to stay awake, so we called it and came home instead of going down to the station.

After we got home I crawled into bed and slept until my alarm went off to get up for school. I had already planned to have today off for this study session before finals, so that was nice. I kind of understood what was going on, until a student started having problems with it, then I got very confused and started to doubt myself. After class I stayed behind and we talked about my grade (struggling to keep a B) and a couple other things before we said goodbye.

I curled up on the sofa and passed out for a while with Doctor Who on and took a nap. When I woke up I went over to my Sisters to check on my Parents. They were good. Mom had gotten her nails done this morning, the dog when and got his hair cut, and Poppa and Sister just puttered until they were done. Later found out that they went and got Chinese at their favorite restaurant for lunch. I texted Fiks to see how he was doing and when he wanted me to come down and get him from work. I had a while so I tried to do some homework and did fine at the start and then started to struggle, so I decided to call it.

I went down and picked up Fiks and then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. I was thinking of swinging by Dairy Queen for a Blizzard since neither of us has had one of those in a while. But yeah, Olive Garden was good. I got a stuffed pasta and Fiks got seafood alfredo and ate it all, and his breadsticks, and his soup. Yeah, I think he was hungry and the hollow leg kicked in again. We didn’t go to Dairy Queen afterwards, both being too full so we just came home. I worked on homework for a while again, Fiks took a shower and then he jumped on his computer and played Breath of the wild.

I didn’t sleep very well last night. I ended up moving to the sofa and put on a few movies to doze to. I know I put on Meet the Robinsons. I don’t know what I did after that. I somehow wound up on The Cosmos with Neil DeGrass Tyson. I woke up when Fiks came out and then I went and got ready for school. I grabbed my laptop and put it in my bag and told Fiks I needed to leave. We grabbed our keys and opened the garage and kissed goodbye and then I was off to school.

I got to school in pretty good time. Not much traffic, just a decent amount of assholes. I went and got a hot chocolate to warm me up and wake me up along with a cookie. The last hot chocolate of the quarter, wild.

I saw my friend C coming my way, so I waited until she saw me and we chatted a little bit. We talked about the Vet Tech Program and then our grades in class. We’re both getting good grades, so unless we totally biff it on the final we should be good. Our instructor eventually rolled up and let us in the room and it was nice and warm for a change. We sat down and started working on stuff in class. She showed us how to do part of our final, so that was nice. One of my classmates wanted our final to be on Tuesday instead of Thursday because she didn’t plan on being here on Thursday because it’s spring break next week. Well numerous of us have another final on Tuesday, me included, that I wouldn’t be able to make if I had both finals on Tuesday. She got huffy about that, but the instructor took our side so that was nice.

When class was over I said goodbye to C and made my way to the truck and then my way home. I didn’t text Fiks I was on the way because I thought I saw him leave on the ring. Well I got home and opened the garage and whose car do I see? So I close the garage and park in the driveway.

I get in the house and Fiks is working on stuff for work. I pulled out my laptop and jumped on for my chemistry class. I got there just in time for it to start, so that was nice. I took notes and asked questions so I think it went fairly well. On our break I let Fiks leave for the day. We worked on the worksheet some and then class was over.

I walked over to my Sister’s to see my Parents and they were all gone. I texted my sister and asked where they were and they were down the mountain in town. I said I’d meet them by the mall and made my way down. I would have gotten there faster but there was an accident causing the freeway to back up for a few miles, so I took side roads and cut out most of the traffic. My Sister was just leaving with my Parents so I ran and picked up my contacts from the optometrist really quickly and then I met up with them.

I took Mom shopping for a little while and then we ran a few errands. I brought her back to my Sister’s house and got her settled and then I came home and flopped on the sofa. When I got hungry I reheated a bit of my dinner from Olive Garden. When Fiks came home he finished it off. We watched Um, Actually when he got home and then I went to bed.

I slept a little better last night, Fiks’ alarms kept waking me up every time they went off. I tried waking him up but he just grumbled at me. He eventually got up and kissed me goodbye, then my alarms started going off and I resented them for it. I got up and got into a set of scrubs and then I went to work after grabbing some cookies. I got to work on time and okay, so a good start to the day.

I got there kinda early, so I waited for it to be my start time and then I punched in and started working. The day wasn’t bad, there were 3 of us, so I didn’t feel bad when I had to leave for school. But I get to hang out with a Frenchie and a Boston terrier when I’m up front, and they keep me pretty entertained. We only had 2 surgeries scheduled so it wasn’t like it was going to be a crazy day. I had a lot of cancelation or reschedule phone calls, which was weird. But hey, part of the job. When it was time I left for school, which was online today, so I just had to head home.

I got home and checked on Mom and Poppa and then I came home and took a quick nap before class. I woke up with a few minutes to spare and then it was time. There weren’t that many of us, which was kind of weird. Oh, yeah, he said that he had a lot for the morning class, so I guess some of the PM people went to the AM class. But we made it through the lab, and then it was over. I rested on the sofa watching Doctor Who for a while, and then I went back over to see how my Parents were doing and my Sister was home. Mom wanted fish n chips for dinner, my sister wanted chips, but wasn’t willing to go get them, so I ended up going and getting dinner for everyone. It’s very cold and windy as I type this. It was meant to be 15 minute wait, but its been like 25… still don’t have my fish n chips.

I finally got dinner at like 30 minutes and came home. I walked Mom and Sister’s over to her place and then I came home and put on more Doctor Who and watched that while I ate. I’m now on the Matt Smith era, which I like. We were commenting how young everyone is and how much we both like Karen Gillan.

We watched and episode or 2 when Fiks got home and ate his dinner, then we turned to Um, Actually for a while. When it was time I went to bed.

I slept well last night. I didn’t have to get up early for work today because its the last study session before the final. Eeek! I woke up with Fiks’ alarms and then I went back to sleep after he kissed me goodbye and then woke up with my alarms. I made myself some breakfast and then I watched some more Um, Actually until it was time for the final meeting. There is a lot of stuff that I’m still stumbling over, which sucks. But you get you have a 1 page cheat sheet, so that should help. hopefully. I need all the help I can get. If I can keep my “C” I’ll be happy. He gave us a way to work on the practice final, so I have to do that. Work on it one more time today, once tomorrow and once on Monday, because the final is Tuesday. But I’m working on this later than I wanted, and I just turned in my worksheet 6 and its now…. 2030…. yeah, I don’t think I’ll be able to do another session tonight with how my brain is.

After the study session I went over to my Sisters to see them getting ready to leave. They were heading out to go see Mom’s 2nd Christmas present, Pretty Woman. I helped get her down the stairs and loaded into the car, and off they went. I came in and got dressed into jeans and a t-shirt, and turned back on Um, Actually for a little while before heading off down the mountain to town to get my eyebrows done. It took me a little longer than I wanted to get there, but I got there in time and that’s the important thing. Afterwards I went and got some Bundt cakes and went and visited Fiks at the station. He didn’t have a lot of time, and I ordered him some lunch since he hadn’t had any yet. We kissed goodbye and then I made my way home. I ate some lunch and then I went over to my Sister’s to get Lumi and bring him over to my house.

I grabbed him a treat and brought him over and he was a good boy on the way, so I gave it to him and curled up on the sofa and took a nap. Before I fell asleep he hopped onto the blue sofa and curled up and fell asleep over there. We were out for about an hour, and then it was time to go for a quick walk. Then we came back and watched more Um, Actually for basically the rest of the night. We hung out with Fiks’ little brother, D, on discord for the rest of the night. I worked and finished worksheet 6 and got an A on it, so that’s nice. I’m sitting at 79.97% right now, so close to a B!

I’m going to leave it here for this week.

~Just Keep Swimming~

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s